DCS School of Driving
York, PA 17404
PHONE: (717) 586-9648
WEBSITE: DCS School of Driving
Upon completion of the DCS School of Driving program, students will be ready to obtain their Class A Commercial Drivers License and begin working as an Entry Level Truck Driver.
Students must complete the following on, or before the first day of class:
- Be 18 years of age (21 years is required to drive between states).
- Take and pass a Department of Transportation "Commercial Driver's Physical" and provide the results to the school.
- Take and pass a Department of Transportation Drug Screen and provide the results to the school.
- Have a valid Class "A" Commercial Drivers Knowledge Test Authorization.
- Provide to the school a 10 year Motor Vehicle Report.
- Must be able to communicate in English.
- Have had a regular driver's license for at least one year.
IT IS HIGHLY SUGGESTED THAT STUDENTS HAVE:
- No failed or refused drug or alcohol tests in the last three years.
- No reckless driving convictions in the last three years.
- No license suspension for points in the last three years.
- No more than three moving violations during the last year.
- No more than four moving violation and/or accidents during the last three years.
- No felony convictions within the last seven years, from the time restitution was completed.
- No controlled substance events in the past seven years.
- No DWI, DUI, BAC, or Open Container convictions in the last three years. No multiple DWI, DUI, BAC, or Open Container convictions.
DCS School of Driving may require students who fall into any of these categories to find a company who is able to hire them upon graduation, before allowing them to enroll in the course.