Can felons vote in Arizona

Can Felons Vote in Arizona

Below you will find information on voting rights for felons in Arizona. Where possible we have tried to simplify the answer as much as possible for you and give you the most direct answer of whether felons can vote in Arizona.

You will also find links to Arizona state operated websites for additional information, and links to information on restoring your right to vote in Arizona.

  • For your first and only one-count felony conviction, your civil rights are automatically reinstated upon absolute discharge from the Arizona Department of Corrections and/or completion of all aspects of your probation including the payment of any and all court-ordered fines. If this is your situation you only need to complete and submit a new registration form to be eligible to vote. You do not need to apply to the court to have your voting rights restored.
  • If the person was convicted of two or more felony offenses, either in a single criminal case or in separate cases, you are required to petition the court that sentenced you to have your civil rights restored.
    • For individuals serving probation the petition may be filed as soon as you are discharged from probation.
    • For individuals sentenced to prison, the petition may not be filed until two (2) years after you have completed your prison sentence and any period of parole/probation. You must submit your “Certificate of Absolute Discharge” to the court where you were sentenced for restoration of rights.
    • If you have multiple felony convictions, you must file separately for each one.
  • Juveniles found to be delinquent by the juvenile court do not lose their right to vote. If the juvenile was treated as an adult under the law, the procedures for adults do apply.
  • If you have two or more felony convictions, to restore your right to vote, you must apply with the Superior Court of each county where you were convicted. For example, if you have a felony conviction in Maricopa County and a felony conviction in Pima County, you must fill out restoration applications for both counties.
  • Once your civil rights have been restored, you still must complete and submit a new voter registration for in order to be eligible to vote.
  • Arizona Voter Registration:
  • Arizona Pardons: